Knitting for Charity, One Stitch at a Time
You don’t have to be wealthy to be a philanthropist!
You don’t have to be young to be a volunteer!
You don’t have to be an “established adult” to make a difference!
Do you want to change the world doing something you love?
Have you tried to find more about charity knitting and found yourself stuck? Or worse… overwhelmed?
I’ve been there… and I can help!
If you really want to start charity knitting, and you’re done spinning your wheels? It might be time to create a charity knitting plan for yourself.
Knitting for Charity, One Stitch at a Time can help you do just that!
I think you might be able to relate to one of these.
- I’m retired. I have lots of time now, and I love to knit. But I’ve already knitted so much for everyone I love that they’re struggling to maintain their enthusiasm. I want to keep knitting, but I’m ready for it to go to someone who will really love and appreciate it!
- I’m a young adult in college/who’s just graduated/who’s been in the workforce only a few years (or less). I don’t have the money to donate to charity or travel around the country/world to help the less fortunate. I volunteer locally when I can, but my time is limited. I’d sure love to do something I love that can also help others. Like charity knitting! But where do I start?
- I’m right in the midst of my working years. I love knitting because it helps me relax after a tough day at work. It sure would be great if I could make the world — or even just my community! — better off by knitting. Because boy, I read/watch the news. Things sure aren’t getting better, are they?
Let me get real with you a second.
No matter which statement you identified with above, I get it!
I read the headlines. I see a world that often feels like it’s going from bad to worse. I want desperately to help!
But like many of you, my time and money are limited. And like many of you, I’m running out of people I love who’ve never received my knitting before. It sure does bring me joy to use my sticks and string to put my energy and love into something soft, warm, and beautiful.
And then to send it anywhere from downtown to across the world? So amazing!
You can envision this yourself, yes? You just need to know how to get started. The what, the who, the where and the how.
If you’re ready to get started, read on!
This is why I wrote Knitting for Charity, One Stitch at a Time.
In this eBook, I take you step by step — or stitch by stitch, if you will — of how to set yourself up for the rewarding endeavor of charity knitting. You can avoid the overwhelm and get exactly the resources you need.
And if you don’t have time to read through such a comprehensive resource? Knitting for Charity, One Stitch at a Time is also available on audiobook! You can learn how to develop a plan for your charity knitting while washing dishes, using the treadmill, traveling to or from work… or knitting!
- How to decide what to knit
- How to decide who to knit for
- How to find the perfect pattern you’ll enjoy knitting
- Where to find an organization that needs what you love to knit
- How to keep your charity knitting organized
- How to put together your own knitting group
- How to knit for charitable fundraising
- At the end of each chapter is a list of steps you can take right away. I call these “Action Steps.” You’ll find a printable list of all the “Action Steps” at the end of the eBook so you can track your progress and fill in your own responses and discoveries.
- You’ll also find two lists of knitting charities. One shows you who will accept what you want to make. The other list shows you who serves the population you most want to help.
In addition to the lists of knitting charities and the Action Steps printable, you’ll receive:
- Printable “Preliminary Charity Knitting Planner.” This will help you track patterns you want to knit and charities you want to knit for.
- Printable “Charity Knitting Checklist.” Here you can track all your charity knitting projects, both present & future.
I’ve been a part of Knitting for Charity and the Knitting Nuggets Newsletter for over 7 years. I spend a lot of time researching charity knitting and charity knitting programs. I’ve also talked with countless charity knitters, charity knitting directors, and charity knitting organizers. I live to make charity knitting easier for everyone!
Don't Have Time to Read?
Knitting for Charity, One Stitch at a Time on Audiobook
Is for You!
There’s a reason audiobooks are incredibly popular with knitters! Many of us love to read, but hate to put down our needles (or set aside our chores, our exercise, our errands, or anything else we want to get out of the way so we can get back to our knitting!).
Why should Knitting for Charity, One Stitch at a Time be any different? So now, I’m offering you the chance to get all the goodness of KFC1S in audiobook format.
If you have a smartphone, an MP3 player, an iPod, or a car stereo that uses Bluetooth or a USB to play music, you can listen to KFC1S just about anywhere!
And if you just have a CD player and a computer with a CD-ROM drive… no worries. Burn KFC1S audiobook to a CD (be sure you burn it in audio, rather than data, format) and you can listen to it anywhere your CD player can go!
Finally, since I don’t want you to miss out on the massive amount of linked resources… you’ll also receive, with the audiobook, a clickable list of all the resources linked to in the eBook (including the lists of charities).
Knitting for Charity, One Stitch at a Time
is exactly what you need if:
Instead of feeling helpless in a world gone mad… imagine feeling the satisfaction of making a difference.
Instead of feeling overwhelmed at the prospect of charity knitting… imagine knowing what you’re knitting and for whom. Imagine knowing exactly where your knitting will go.
Imagine knowing your knitting is warming, comforting, and providing tangible love to someone in need.
Wouldn’t you love your charity knitting life to look like this?
Cart Currently Under Construction
Knitting for Charity, One Stitch at a Time
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Where Do I Begin?
- What’s your knitting level? / What do you want to knit? / Who do you want to knit for? / Where do you want your knitting to go?
- Chapter 2: Where Do I Find Knitting Charities?
- Ways to knit for charity locally / Ways to knit for charity nationally / Ways to knit for charity worldwide / Find the most pressing needs
- Chapter 3: Where Do I Find Knitting Patterns?
- At your library / In the bookstore / The World Wide Web /
- Chapter 3, continued
- Using Ravelry to Find the Perfect Pattern / Using Knitting for Charity
- Chapter 4: Going Further
- Starting your own knitting group or charity / Fundraising for charity through knitting
- Lists of Charities: By Knitted Donation / By Intended Recipient
- Bonus Printables: My Charity Knitting Plan Action Steps / Preliminary Charity Knitting Planner / My Charity Knitting Checklist
About the Author, Nicole Haschke
Charity knitting has been my life for 7 years! In addition to writing posts for Knitting for Charity and publishing the weekly Knitting Nuggets Newsletter, I also run a Facebook group with over 1,000 passionate charity knitters and crocheters. I am keenly aware of the struggles would-be charity knitters face. And I do everything I can to make charity knitting easier and more rewarding!
In addition to this book, I’ve also written a pattern eBook called Swaying with the Wind: a Charity Knitting Pattern Collection.
The answer to the question you're asking.
Why should I buy this eBook when I can find all this information on my own, for free?
That’s a great question that deserves an answer.
Because, yes, you might be able to find all this information online somewhere. You can find out who you could knit for. You could, possibly, find charities. You could find free patterns, too.
But all this takes a lot of time!
If you have all the time you need to research charities and find out who you can knit for and what they need? Chances are, then, that no–you don’t need this eBook, and you definitely don’t need the audiobook.
But, if you don’t have time for all that research? Or, if you’ve started the research and have found yourself frustrated by how difficult it is to find this information (like many of the readers who have written to me)?
Trust me: if that’s the case, you want this eBook and/or audiobook!
So here's the deal.
You can continue feeling helpless in the face of a crazy world.
You can dig into the vast void of the Internet on your own and risk frustration at not finding what you need, or else drowning in overwhelming options.
You can get a guide, with the steps you’ll need to take to launch a satisfying charity knitting adventure. And, you can get right down to making a difference through knitting.
It’s up to you. (But I think you’ll find the latter a lot more rewarding!)