At KnittingForCharity.org, I am as committed to your privacy as you are.
After all, it’s okay for you to tell people stuff about yourself. It’s not at all okay for me to do it without your consent. So, here’s how I handle that.
In order to provide the services you want, I need varying levels of information.
If you’re just browsing the site, all I need to know is what page you want to see. If you want to subscribe to one or more of my newsletters or mini-courses, I’ll need an email address to send it to.
If you want to order from me, I’ll need a little more. I’ll need at least your name, e-mail address, and payment information (which will not be kept on any file). If I ever offer physical products, I’ll need your mailing address as well.
In short, I’ll ask only for what I need to give you what you want.
I will use the information I collect about you only to help me improve services to you, to provide you with the products you have requested, and/or to let you know about additional products or services that you may be interested in.
I do not and will never sell, trade, rent, share, or otherwise divulge any information you give us to anyone else, at any time, for any reason without your prior consent.
I will occasionally share information with business partners when it is necessary to deliver the products and services I provide.
I may also invite selected third parties to participate in offers I think would be attractive to you. I don’t give any of your personal information to these parties. I negotiate the offer and contact you myself with the details.
You may permanently refuse these promotional offers by sending an email to NHaschke(at)knittingforcharity.org .
BY USING THIS WEB SITE YOU CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BY KnittingForCharity.org IN THESE WAYS.
If you want to know more, keep reading.
- If you subscribe to one of my newsletters or mini-courses, I’ll need your name and an email address to send it to.
- This site tracks IP addresses, which is just computer talk for “What part of the Net is this person from?” This is useful for knowing general things about my visitors, but it tells me nothing at all about you personally.
- If you let it, your browser may store “cookies” on your system. This site uses these to help you to personalize the site based on your preferences. They tell the system what to show you, but they don’t tell me anything at all about you personally.
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- If you fill out a contact form on this site, I keep contact form submissions for customer service purposes, but I do not use the information submitted for marketing purposes. Basically, I treat these just like email (because I receive them as emails!).
- The only way I know anything about you personally is if you decide to tell me. [Back to Top]
- I use the personal information you provide to fill your order and let you know what’s going on with it.
- I also keep track of what people generally do on the site, so I can improve the design and layout to make it easier for you to use.
- I may occasionally use the information to notify you about important changes to this site, new services, and special offers I think you’ll find interesting.
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so the site can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- This site produces reports for my affiliates and reputable third-party vendors. For example, the site tells affiliates how many people clicked on an ad. This information is based on overall numbers and averages, not individual usage. (In tech-speak this is called “aggregate data.”)
- In short, they don’t say anything at all about you personally. [Back to Top]
- This site provides my advertisers and reputable third-party vendors with reports on advertising and site activity. Again, these reports do not contain any personally identifying information.
- KnittingForCharity.org does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to anyone without your consent. [Back to Top]
- KnittingForCharity.org uses encryption technology to keep billing information safe. All your ordering information — including your name, address and credit card number — is encoded using a secure server so that the information cannot be read as it travels to my ordering system.
- Once I receive your credit card information, it is stored it on a server that isn’t accessible from the Internet. [Back to Top]
- From time to time, I may disclose your information to our “business partners” – companies I know and trust and with which I have joint arrangements to offer products or services, or with whom I have agreements to provide certain services on our behalf (like processing your credit card). I do this only for products and services you know about and want to receive. AND I (and the law!) require that they have privacy policies just as protective as ours.
- I provide you the opportunity to decline to receive promotions when you register as a customer, or whenever you buy from me. I want to send you only what you tell me you want to get. If you have “opted-in” and then change your mind and want to opt-out, just click the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email from NHaschke(at)knittingforcharity.org .
- If you tell me you want promotional offers and then change your mind, you can unsubscribe by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email from NHaschke(at)knittingforcharity.org .
- If you want me to remove your personal information from our records, send me an email to NHaschke(at)knittingforcharity.org with “remove my personal information” in the subject line. [Back to Top]
- You can change or correct your account information at any time. Just send an email with the old info and your corrections to NHaschke@knittingforcharity.org with “Correction” in the Subject line. [Back to Top]
- You’re able to access all of the pages at KnittingforCharity.org for free because this website is supported by advertising revenue. Data that I’ve collected over the years via emails I receive from site visitors have clearly demonstrated to us that ads on our site actually help visitors solve their problems and gain the benefits they are looking for. Ads, in general, are problem solvers.
- We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (this does not include your name, mailing address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you – goods and services that can solve your problems and provide benefits.
- If you don’t want to have this DART cookie on your computer, you can turn off ad personalization. If you do this, you’ll then see random ads that may not be of much use to you. But life is full of decisions and it’s your choice — I want this to be easy for you either way. [Back to Top]
- If you are under the age of 13 and wish to use this site in a manner that requires telling me personal information, one of your parents or a legal guardian must say that it’s okay by giving me their consent. I will accept parental consent by an email sent to NHaschke(at)knittingforcharity.org . When I receive this email consent, I will follow up with a letter to your parents confirming their consent.
- After obtaining consent, I collect, store and protect information from children the same way I collect, store and protect information from adults. I also use the information from children in the same way I use the information of an adult. This means that I will not disclose any personal information collected from children under 13.
- Heck, I don’t do it for adults, why would I even think about doing it for kids? [Back to Top]
- If you click on a link and go to another site, you will be subject to that site’s privacy policies.
- While I do not anticipate it, every business nowadays should plan for the possibility that it might sell certain or all of its assets to another company or individual, or that it might buy certain assets of another company or individual. In such transactions, customer and subscriber information generally is one of the business assets that is transferred or sold. Please view “Your Consent” to understand what options you have under these circumstances. [Back to Top]
- I want to know what you think. I welcome any questions or comments you may have about privacy. Please send me an email at NHaschke(at)knittingforcharity.org . [Back to Top]
- My goal is that you always should be aware of what information I collect, how I use it, and under what circumstances I disclose it. [Back to Top]