Knit Christmas Ornaments for Charity
5 charities that will take your knit Christmas ornaments
Want to knit Christmas ornaments? There's lots of great knit Christmas ornaments you can make - easily and inexpensively - for charitable organizations. And what a great thing to do when you're in the 'Christmas spirit.'
KNIT CHRISMAS ORNAMENT IDEAS
If you search online, you can find patterns for all of these neat knit Christmas ornaments, and lots more:
Christmas tree 'skirts'
There are lots of patterns available to knit Christmas ornaments whether you want them for yourself, or to sell at the numerous craft fairs that take place leading up to the season.
But have you ever thought of providing knit Christmas ornaments to charities?
YOU CAN KNIT CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS FOR CHARITY
There are at least five charities in most communities that would accept donations of knit Christmas ornaments from knitters:
1. Your local 'Santas Anonymous' or other Christmas drive for the needy. Low-income folks who can't afford Christmas dinner groceries certainly can't afford many Christmas ornaments, so they're bound to appreciate hand-knit Christmas ornament donations.
2. The Salvation Army. The Salvation Army helps thousands of needy, homeless or low-income folks get through the Christmas season every year. Donations of knit Christmas ornaments will make someone on their list very happy!
3. Women's shelters, 'halfway' houses or treatment centers. Many mental health-oriented residential programs don't close their doors at Christmas time, and have residents who will celebrate Christmas institutionalized, away from loved ones. Check with any of these organizations to see if they'd like some knit Christmas ornaments.
4. Jails. As above, people in jail might be helped into a bit of Christmas spirit when they're incarcerated if they had some knit Christmas ornaments to decorate their surroundings with.
5. Hospitals, seniors homes or long-term care facilities. All of these places put Christmas trees up during the season - sometimes several! Donated knit Christmas ornaments would be a welcome addition to any of them!
If you want to knit Christmas ornaments for charity, there are lots of options!